Apollo Ship Chandlers
REPORTS TO: CDP AND EXECUTIVE SOUS-CHEF
• To prepare the food items and mise-en-place needed for the task as delegated by his supervisor.
• To be able to work in all areas of the galley.
• Must have a confirmed culinary background from an international brand hotel.
• Must be proficient in effective tasking. Speed is a motivating factor.
• Maintains his area of supervision in accordance with USPH cleaning standards.
• Undertake recipe review with proper follow up from supervisor.
• Preparation of food items as per given recipes and instructions from his supervisor.
• Will work with the Assistant Cook in the Main Galley or Specialty Galley and can change from time to
time for training purposes.
• Must assist in controlling that the food is stored in the proper place.
• Check his line set-ups and assist in preparations of show plates.
• Must have the ability to taste and advise his supervisor if there are any discrepancies.
• Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his working area and working utensils by following the United
States Public Health Rules and Regulations and all times.
• Must be familiar with the Ship’s Rules and Regulations and participate in all required Safety Training
Emergency Life Boat Drills.
• Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed,
• Age and Health: Minimum age should be twenty-three (23) years old, physically fit and in good health,
without any previous record of any medical problems, drugs and alcoholism. Must be able to lift up to 50
lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
• Professional Experience and Education: Standard High School Education. Requires a minimum of four
years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants).
• Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret
documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
• Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take great pride in his work. Adherence to the Company’s
Rules and Regulations is a must for his success on the job.
Luxury cruise ships sailing around the World - combine work and travel, but be ready for hard work!
Work experience in International Company
Food, accommodation, and medical insurance expenses are covered by the company
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTH / 2 MONTHS VACATION