The EBRD is launching its exciting 2017 development programme to recruit junior international professionals to the Bank. The International Professionals Programme (IPP) is a focused and intensive programme for a group of 12 professionals, who demonstrate high potential, to join this unique financial institution.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
The IPP will work under the general direction of one of the EPG Directors. Key tasks and responsibilities will depend upon the pillar the IPP will be assigned to and may include:
* Contributing to the country diagnostics work led by EPG;
* Monitoring and assessing macroeconomic developments and structural reform progress in the Bank's countries of operation and contributing to the annual review of the EBRD sectoral transition indicators;
* Monitoring of the Bank's operations and policy engagements, including some travel to the region;
* Assisting the economists in the Sector Economics and Policy pillar, including supporting their relationship with the Banking and Risk Departments during all stages of sector and project work, from project design and assessment to post-signing monitoring;
* Contributing to the work of the governance and political affairs pillar by supporting the design and implementation of governance projects across the EBRD countries of operation as needed, as well as contributing to the political analysis carried out by the pillar;
* Ad hoc assignments, including background research on specific companies or sectors, macro and other policy developments, drafting of briefings, presentations, and short sector analyses;
* Compilation and maintenance of relevant datasets.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* As a minimum candidates must have either a Master degree in economics focused on policy-oriented or applied microeconomics/macroeconomics with 1-2 years of relevant working experience or a recent Ph.D. degree in economics (or a related field) from a leading university.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including knowledge of Excel and other standard software;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
* Familiarity with the EBRD region of operations, particularly work or study experience in the region, and knowledge of one or more languages of the region would be an advantage.
EPG wishes to recruit an IPP analyst to work in one of its three main pillars, i.e. either the Sector Economics and Policy, Country Economics and Policy or Governance and Political Affairs.
As well as the opportunity to be instrumental in delivering projects that shape the future of the businesses, economies and livelihoods throughout our countries of operations, you can expect an attractive rewards package. So in addition to a competitive starting salary, some of your benefits will include:
* Medical insurance
* 25 days' annual leave
* Relocation assistance (where eligible)
* Relevant additional benefits while on international assignment in one of our Resident Offices
Click link below to apply: