The successful candidate will be responsible for
• ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery of optimal HR services in line with service level agreements and the EPO's HR Service Delivery model and, where appropriate, working together with other EPO departments to that end
• deputising for the head of department.
• Drafting opinions and proposals for rulings and decisions in remuneration, leave and related matters
• Project and study work in the area of payroll administration, including analysis of working methods with the aim of improving efficiency and optimising organisational structures
• Dealing with difficult and unusual cases as well as management review cases; advising the staff concerned
• Acting as key user for the payroll module, helping to train new staff and drafting technical specifications
• Administration of financial control within the department, including statistics, budget appropriations and liaison with Finance Department
• Supporting colleagues in the department when liaising with Legal Services, Finance and Application Management
• Representing the department at meetings and on working groups
• Assisting and deputising for the head of department, particularly in the following areas: Absence administration, budgetary issues and drafting the EPO's social report
• Managing specialised HR services, as agreed with the head of department
• Co-ordinating the unit's activities, as agreed with the head of department
• Horizontal co-operation with other departments, as agreed with the head of department.
The ideal candidate will have
• a proven track record in HR work, including several years' experience in payroll administration, remuneration, pensions and/or leave and working time
• knowledge of SAP payroll processes and use of SAP payroll systems on a daily basis
• a very good understanding of the culture, needs and special features of international organisations, especially in terms of remuneration systems
• experience as a line manager
• very good knowledge of HR policies (in particular those pertaining to salaries and allowances), procedures and organisational structures
• general knowledge of the organisational structure of the EPO
• familiarity with process management, knowledge management and information systems.
Diploma of completed studies at university level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience. Excellent knowledge of one official language and ability to understand the other two.
Duration of the contract
The contract will be for the duration of 3 years, not extendable beyond a total contract term of 36 months.
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a psychometric questionnaire.
The interviews will be held in Munich, probably in calendar week 6 of 2015
Please apply online, using the link, reference number NRC/5740.
Click here to apply!
Closing date: 9 January 2015.
As the second largest European organisation, the European Patent Office offers a competitive salary, excellent social benefits and varied work in a modern international environment.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: HR administration, Human recources, Processoptimization, Financial administration