As one the world's largest provider of employee background screening services HireRight helps organizations of all sizes across the world manage their background screening programs. We solve the toughest background screening problems to help organizations work smarter and ensure people are hired quickly.
QA Engineer Role and Duties:
Working with Development and Product Management to review requirements and system documentation to design efficient and cohesive test plans and test cases; leading peer reviews of test plans and test cases; independently determining and designing testing approaches that support comprehensive testing of difficult solutions; mentoring and cross-training others on testing approaches; executing test cases; analyzing testing results, identifying and reporting root causes for test failures; making recommendations to improve product reliability, customer experience, performance, and quality assurance best practices & processes.
- Develops, publishes, executes and maintains test plans.
- Designs, implements and documents test cases for product releases
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Work with developers and product managers to ensure requirements are successfully translated into usable test cases
- Identify and execute manual tests and analyze test results
- Work with developers and Product managers to identify and report root causes for test failures
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, quality assurance best practices and processes
- Independently determine and design testing approaches that support comprehensive testing of difficult solutions; mentor and cross-train others on testing approaches.
- Act as a subject matter expert in application functionality on occasion
- Mentors and cross-trains other SQA resources on SQA best practices and processes.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or related engineering field, or equivalent work experience
- Entry level for more complex professional roles requiring a specific degree (i.e., Computer Science, Accounting, and etc).
- Has general professional knowledge or possesses specialized vocational/technical skills for a variety of technical or administrativepolicies and procedures.
- Sound understanding of the skills and working knowledge required for a variety of practices and procedures.
- Assignments are specialized in nature and usually require originality where the individual relies on experience and judgment.
- Good understanding of the roles of the relevant functional groups within own area.
- 5+ years of experience in an SQA role
- Minimum 2 years of experience with database designs and scripting language
- Minimum 2 years of experience with web service testing support and web service testing tools
- Experience with QA processes and methodologies (automated and manual test processes, black box, white box and gray box testing, test case design, scripting and execution, automated test tools)
- Experience with functional testing of multi-tier Web applications.
- Experience working with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages. One or more of the following (Java, C++, C#, ASP.Net, PHP)
- Comprehensive SQL and XML knowledge.
- Experience with various forms of SDLC (Waterfall, Agile, Spiral, Prototyping, Incremental, etc…)
HireRight offers its employees a competitive salary, permanent contract and a comprehensive package of benefits. From day one you will receive a training plan to get you on board quickly.
- Benefit Allowance
- Visual Compensation
- Dental Compensation
- Massage Compensation
- Sickness Paid from Day 1
- Bonus Plans
- Professional Training
- Career Path & Opportunities to Grow
- Friendly Atmosphere
- Fresh Fruit, Free Coffee, Tea