- to inform the company management and the chief engineer about potential exceeding costs, non-compliances and other problems of the construction project in a timely manner;
- to ensure within the project team that the projects in the accountancy system are entered with proper accounting structure of Work headings;
- to be responsible for entering the winning tender budget and the tender data in the accounting/reporting system;
- to provide support to each group of the project, preparing monthly project reports from the accounting/reporting system of the company;
- to be responsible for checking payment requests and changes orders requests submitted by contractors to ensure proper and timely processing of invoices and changes orders;
- to carry out development and supervision of appropriate measures to ensure regular comparison among expenses, budgets and the projected cost estimate of the project at the end of the project;
- to verify consistency of the payment requests and the money flow schedule with the design and/or construction contract.
- second level highest education in construction estimating, engineering or other equivalent technical sphere;
- estimating engineer certificate (for example, RICS/CIOB);
- in-depth knowledge in management systems of companies within which construction contract of at least 100 million EUR value has been managed;
- knowledge in public procurement law;
- knowledge in risk management;
- knowledge in applying various standards of construction contracts (especially FIDIC);
- experience in managing supervision of amount (estimates) of construction contract works of large scale (at least 100 million EUR);
- experience in negotiation and solving disputes, and preparing reports on both the client’s and the suppliers’(contractors’) side;
- experience in work with different unit price contracts;
- experience in estimating costs of railway infrastructure;
- very good English skills.
- knowledge and skills in LEAN management principles and 6 Sigma.
Additional information on the project: Rail Baltica is a rail transport project whose goal is to integrate the Baltic States into the European rail network, and it currently includes four European Union countries - Poland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. In the Baltic States, it is planned to build a new, more than 870 km long European track gauge (1435 mm) railway line with maximum speed of 240 km/h, promoting mobility of people and cargo transportation in the north-south direction, as well as sustainable and diversified development and competitiveness of the economy.