The ideal candidate will have a strong math and technical aptitude, the ability to troubleshoot and explain complex subjects in English by phone and the capacity to identify opportunities for technology-based improvements.
- Assist clients to develop and debug their applications connecting to the IB API through which they can apply automated trading algorithms.
- Assist clients in the integration of API applications with third party software (such as charting software)
- Build and maintain a resource library for clients, including program snippets, documentation, consultancy resources
- Create of a variety of test and demonstration programs that utilize the IB API that clients can use as samples for their own development needs
- In-house development assistance
- Assist in developing custom API solutions for internal users including other teams in Customer Service
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- 2 years of coursework and/or work experience programming in Java, C#, Python, or C++.
- 2-3 years IT work experience, preferably in Finance sector
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English to accommodate client inquiries directed via telephone, email or online chat
- Fast learner, proactive and helpful
Knowledge in the following areas would be a plus:
- Understanding of Trading terminology
- Basic understanding and ability to work in various Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Fluency in one of the following languages: Spanish, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian
- Normal office hours: no night shifts, no weekend work
- International fast growing environment with a highly successful company
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and a stock plan
- Vision and dental benefits, sport activities compensation
- Lunches and gated parking paid for by the company