CGI is a global IT and business process services provider delivering high-quality business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing services. With over 73,000 professionals in 40 countries, of which nearly 200 in Estonia in 2 cities – Tallinn and Tartu. We create software systems and products in a number of areas - public sector, geospatial and remote sensing, space, telecommunications, energy and utilities, medical and healthcare, banking and insurance, etc.
Due to ongoing growth and success in financial area, CGI Estonia is seeking experienced senior Software Developer (Java) to join our world-class IT solution company for permanent full-time role in our Tallinn office. This role provides leading IT services to our clients and we are seeking talented individual with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development to work closely with our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Work in team-oriented environment, providing software development, technical expertise and guidance to key stakeholders on a variety of enterprise scale applications and projects;
- Work closely with clients, project managers, business analysts, and architects to develop high-quality, effective enterprise software solutions;
- Understand and apply a variety of project life-cycles, methods, and software development techniques;
- Design, code, test and implement application software that is delivered on time and within budget, using sound software development practices and secure coding requirements;
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management, and release management;
- Aid in the diagnosis, correction, and prevention of service outages, defects, and other production or operational issues;
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 5+ years software development experience using Java and dealing with enterprise level applications/solutions.
- Strong CORE Java knowledge.
- Extensive Experience with J2EE applications and development frameworks (like Spring, Hibernate) required.
- API Development experience using RESTful services.
- Large project experience with high transaction volumes is required.
- Experience with agile development.
- NodeJS and npm are good to know.
- Familiarity with banking or insurance sector IT environments and security policies.
- Familiarity with Databases (Oracle, MongoDB or mySQL), PL/SQL.
- Familiarity with UML modeling and related tools.
- Knowledge of technical documentation preparing.
- Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Application servers: Tomcat, Websphere, and WebLogic.
- Java EE technologies: JSF, EJB, Web Services, JMS, JCA, Security, Authentication, JUnit Testing.
- Continuous Integration products: Jenkins/TeamCity, Maven, Subversion and GIT.
- Report servers: Jasper Reports.
- Knowledge of some of the modern frontend frameworks as a plus(Angular, React or other).
- At least Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, SASS as a plus.
From us you can expect:
- Interesting and impactful experience in Finance & Insurance field;
- Great colleagues and developers community within CGI Group;
- Opportunities to grow, have extended and diverse career;
- Great and diverse training possibilities - certification courses/exams, conferences, case studies and knowledge sharing with in the whole CGI group, with over 73 000+ professionals in 40+ countries.
Please apply through our career page: https://www.cgi.ee/en/careers-search/J0918-0620