We are looking for two skilled Software Developers to join our team of aviation enthusiasts in either Zurich, Switzerland or Tallinn, Estonia. The post is full-time paid position.
To date, we have mostly dealt with surveillance data but our scope shortly extends to voice and other flight information. This will open up countless possibilities for new air traffic management related research paths and will enable us to provide new exciting services to partners around the globe.
You will be:
- designing and building OpenSky Network growing backend systems proactively fixing upcoming scalability and technical challenges
- contributing ideas to our product development roadmaps
- Experience in Java and Python
- Deep understanding of big data systems, especially Cloudera Impala, Kafka, Storm, etc
- Interest in aviation technologies and in working in a research & development environment
- You have (or are confident, that can quickly build) expertise in stuff like: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, (My)SQL, Joomla, LDAP, Hadoop, Ubuntu, Docker, MapReduce, Apache Crunch, Spring...
- Working in small team together with world leading experts in fields of cyber security, aviation
- The question is not IF the work has global importance but rather, HOW MUCH influence does it have in aviation.
- Flexibility in organizing everyday work - basically we won't even specify the country. Zurich, Switzerland or Tallinn, Estonia would be nice but definitely not a must.