ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL - www.royalcaribbean.com
Position Title: Assistant Data Systems Manager 3
Reports To: IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager
Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of shipboard computer users by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards. In accordance with the Company's Service and Etiquette Philosophy program, each employee shall conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees, in the presence of guests or in crewmember areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides first level shipboard support for all certified applications. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies. Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error. Determines whether problem is caused by hardware or software. Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follows-up for routine user problems through the established Help Desk procedure via the GWI Help Desk software. In case of escalation, problem ticket should be routed to shoreside technician once the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager has approved. The process should be documented via the Remedy Help Desk software showing shoreside technician incident response resolutions. Logs and tracks issues using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation. Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports. Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate. Installs personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
2. Assembles and configures basic network components and associated services. Sets up and maintains basic network operations, including assembly of network hardware. Performs basic network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems. Upgrades basic network hardware and software components as required. Installs, upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and files services. Provides users with network technical support. Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources. Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed. Installs and tests necessary software and hardware. Performs scheduled maintenance as required.
3. Participates in the computer set-up and breakdown for embarkation processing.
4. Ensures all PC’s have software installed as per Shipboard Operations database (SBO).
5. Runs and prepares required reports and metrics from a variety of systems, as requested.
6. Works with shipboard staff to identify and document improvements in shipboard systems and forwards to the IT Infrastructure and Operations Manager for follow-up.
7. Prepares Landed Goods Advice (LGA) documentation and packing for all IT related equipment. Tracks the shipment and return of all items.
8. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
9. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
MINIMUM AGE LIMIT IS 21 Y.O.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent
• Obtain certification through CompTIA's A+ (validates the latest skills needed by todays computer professionals) & Network+ (validates the knowledge and skills of network professionals).
• Ability to conduct basic LAN and/or WAN troubleshooting diagnostics
• Minimum six months experience in a user contact network help desk position along with desktop support experience in a Windows environment
• Experience with accounting, bookkeeping or point of sale systems
• Ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephones, computers and copy machines
• Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations